Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fundy Bay Cafe in Hillsborough, NB



Have you been to the Fundy Bay Café in Hillsborough yet?

If you’re from this area, you’ll remember this site, at 2814 Main St. Hillsborough, NB (Route114), as the original Bluebird Restaurant.

The Fundy Bay Café is newly renovated, yet retains the look of beam and pressed tin ceilings, the welcome of dark wood wainscoting and the intimacy of four booths, one table and two stools at a counter, mixed with the freshness of ceramic tile table tops and tile trim on the walls.





The dessert display case is full of home made baking which varies daily.  My favourites are Raspberry Mousse Cheesecake, Apple Crumble Pie, Cranberry White Chocolate Squares and German Chocolate Cupcakes.  Though if none of these is available when I am there, I willingly eat whatever is!  Everything is delightful. I’ve heard that the doughnuts are amazing.  (I suppose I give away my food preferences by talking about desserts first.)

The service is efficient and friendly.  You’ll see Terry Evans, chef and owner, working in the spotless open kitchen.  Often, you’ll meet the general managers, Patricia Wallace and Peggy Zimmermann, as well.





The main menu evolves weekly.  There are now 11 different Panini sandwiches, in addition to traditional sandwiches, lobster rolls and lobster club.  Beef chili is a recent addition and homemade soups change each day.   I’ve tried every soup so far and have been pleased with each one.  Thick, hearty and so tasty.




One of my favourite meals is the special:  A small bowl of soup, ½ Panini sandwich (I love the Tomato Chicken Pesto), coffee, tea or a soft drink, all for $5.99; throw in a cupcake for $1.50 - $2.00, and you have a delicious meal.  Two can eat for under $20.   And everything is fresh.

The food is simple and satisfying, the atmosphere, cozy and comforting; it is time well spent!


Note:  The Cafe is CLOSED ON MONDAYS

Located at:
2814 Main Street
in Hillsborough, the Fundy Bay Café is open daily from 11 am to 9 pm, closed on Mondays.  Note: the Café is cash only.

Really, try it.  You’ll be pleased.

Fundy Bay Café has a Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/pages/Fundy-Bay-Cafe/144785075592559

If you check it out on Facebook, you’ll see photos of the interior and the scrumptious food.  I’m not a food or restaurant critic, I just know what I like and I like the Fundy Bay Café…very much indeed.

(I received no remuneration for this blog entry.  It is simply my own opinion; an opinion shared by everyone I have talked into trying the Fundy Bay Café!)

All photos are mine.  Words in red will link you to another site with additional information, if you click on them.

NOTE:  As at July 2012, the Fundy Bay Cafe is closed for renovations.  Hopefully, it will re-open soon.  I miss going there for lunch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great, thanks. Should you have blabbed what your favourites are? Maybe now when you go, someone will have eaten them all...

Carol Steel said...

Oh oh, I hadn't thought of that!

Deborah Carr said...

Hey Carol...I was Googling the cafe to see if I could find a phone # for it, and your post came up near the top! You have good taste. We're lovin' having the cafe here. In fact, hubbie just brought home a giant piece of carrot cake for us to share for dessert.

Carol Steel said...

We end up going there for a snack, or a meal about once a week. It's not far and the food is homemade. I love it! Haven't tried the carrot cake yet...guess that'll be next.

Carol Steel said...

Unfortunately, the cafe is temporarily closed for upgrades and renovations. I'll post when it opens again. Soon, I hope.