Powered By Blogger

Friday, June 17, 2011

Lunch With a Friend


Unhurried lunch with a friend, what a luxury!

Sitting with my friend today, I reminded myself that he has accompanied me on my life’s journey, consistently offering friendship and support, a listening ear and wise counsel for nearly thirty-nine years. 

We have shared our lives, our families, watched the children grow and grandchildren come along.  He has been a true friend to me through my children’s growing years, my marriage breakup, divorce, troubles and joys with children, career changes, relationship challenges and a second marriage.

We have been friends throughout all of the metamorphoses of my life and of his. 

Today we had a rare and valued time together for an unhurried lunch.  We spent the time talking, laughing, sipping coffee, catching up on each other’s lives.  It was a blessing, a time out, a respite from the busyness of the daily routines.

I encourage you to do the same; have lunch with a dear friend. Whether it’s at home or at a café, leave enough time to linger, to savour the moments, to reminisce and to celebrate friendship.

It is time well and happily spent.

No comments: