Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Weird Words in Z


Weird Words in Z

My mother is culling her book collection.  I’ve inherited an aged copy of Mrs. Byrne’s Dictionary.

Search for unusual words, use them in a sentence to remember their meaning and expand vocabulary!  I choose words that appeal to me, not necessarily the most obscure, though there are multitudes of those.

I’m starting at the end with “Z”.

Zax      noun ~ a tool for trimming roofing tiles

Zenzizenzizenzic       noun~ the eighth power of a number

Zneesy       adjective~ freezing, frosty (also spelled “znuzy”)

Sentence:         Careful on that slippery roof on this zneesy day; you still have the zenzizenzizenzic of 2 (256) tiles to trim with your zax, before your work is complete!

How would you use these words in a sentence?

Mrs. Byrne’s Dictionary, Josefa Heifetz Byrne. 
Copyright 1974, Simon & Shuster, New York, NY.



No comments: